Monday, July 30, 2012


Innerpower
A poor homeless woman walked down to the stream to fetch some water, something she often did. She filled her bucket with water, and then splashed her face. She looked down into the stream and saw something shinning under the water. She put her hands into the stream, grabbed the object and pulled it out of the water. In her hands was a large precious stone. She looked at it, placed it inside her nap sack and sat next to the stream. Out of the nearby woods appeared a man. He approached the stream and drank from it. He stepped over to the woman and asked: "Please, I've been here in the woods for days starving. Do you have anything I can eat?"

She reached into her nap sack and pulled out a piece of bread. While the bag was open, the man got a glimpse of the stone. After she handed him the bread, he thanked her and ate it. He then stood in front of her and said: "Now I want you to give me the jewel inside your bag!"

She looked at him with confusion and handed the stone to him. The man took the stone and walked off into the distance.

Days later, the woman was once again fetching a bucket of water at the stream. Suddenly out of the woods appeared the same man. He approached her. She said to him: "What do you want? I have nothing left, you took it all away from me!"

"Here is your stone, I don't want it," he said.

"I have nothing else, what do you want from me. I'm a poor woman, I have nothing else," she said.

He looked at her and said: "No, you have so many things to give me, especially that great power inside of you that allowed you to give me the only precious thing you have."


Feel free to leave comments, questions, etc. below. If you enjoy this, why not subscribe to my Blog?


No comments:

Post a Comment